TERMS OF SERVICE
Agreement of Complete Release and Waiver of Liability
By participating in any way (including all online, virtual, YouTube etc.) with any teacher associated with The Yoga Collective AK (TYC), you (student, participant, watcher, observer, etc) agree to every section of this waiver. A copy can be provided at your request.
This Agreement of Complete Release and Waiver of Liability is between you and the yoga teachers associated with The Yoga Collective Ak (TYC). This body includes the teachers and its members, agents, tenants, employees, independent contractors, and their successors and assigns.
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I recognize that yoga involves risk including physical exertion which may be strenuous and may cause physical or emotional injury including but not limited to acute muscle and/or joint pain, pulled muscles, changes in blood pressure, changes in eye pressure, heart attack, lightheadedness, dizziness, chronic conditions such as tendonitis, broken bones, similar minor and/or serious injuries, injuries caused by falling out of poses, general slips/trips/falls or painful crashes, and even death. I understand that I must judge my own capabilities with respect to practicing yoga. By my voluntary participation in yoga classes taught by any of the yoga teachers, including any and all online or virtual classes, demonstrations or examples, I agree to assume full responsibility for any inherent risks, injuries, damages, known or unknown that I might incur in yoga or using equipment, props or facilities. Yoga teachers have difficult jobs. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment and props they use or recommend may be insufficient or malfunction.
I acknowledge that I am ultimately responsible for my own safety!
2. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY: I acknowledge that I am completely responsible for determining whether I should participate in any yoga class or pose offered and I participate at my own risk. I understand it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in yoga. I understand equipment and props used may fail. I understand that the teachers associated with TYC seek safety, but individuals are not infallible. They might be unaware of mine or another participant’s fitness or abilities. I understand I should opt out of any pose or movement suggested that isn’t suitable for me in order to take care of my body and self. If I experience pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body, discontinue the activity, and ask for assistance.
3. COMPLETE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF RIGHTS INCLUDING FOR CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE: In consideration of my voluntary participation in yoga, I, my heirs or representatives forever release, waive, and discharge teachers associated with TYC from any and all liabilities, suits, claims, demands, or damages including attorneys fees incurred by me or in any way related to or arising out of my participation in yoga. Including without limitation all claims for property damage, personal injuries or wrongful death including any such claims which allege NEGLIGENCE, negligent acts, or omissions.
4. PERSONAL PROPERTY: I agree that teachers associated with TYC are in no way responsible for
the loss or damage of my property that may be stored during class.
5. BINDING ARBITRATION is the exclusive means of resolving any dispute related to this release. Alaska’s Revised Uniform Arbitration Act (AS 09.43.300 to .595) and all subsequent arbitration statutes govern this arbitration proceedings, which are to take place in Anchorage, Alaska.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that I am ultimately responsible for my own safety while participating in yoga, or any activities, use of the facilities, equipment and props. By signing this document, I also acknowledge that if I am hurt or killed or my property is damaged during my participation in any means (online, YouTube, virtual) with the teachers associated with TYC, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against TYC and teachers associated with TYC.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE, I UNDERSTAND IT, I AM NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL, AND THERE ARE NO OTHER REASONS I WOULD LACK THE CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THIS CONTRACT. I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
Signature of Participant Date
Address: ________________________________________ City: ____________________ State: _____________________ Country:_________________
Zip Code: _____________ Email: _________________________________ Phone: ___________________________ Date of Birth: _______________________
⬜ Check this box if you would like to receive occasional emails, typically regarding schedule changes or upcoming events. (We shall not sell nor share your information with any third party.)
Emergency Contact: (Who do you want us to call in the event of an emergency?)
Name: ________________________________ Phone: __________________________
Version September 2020